We want customers of Woodruff Memorial Library to receive high-quality service. These are the standards we aim to achieve for all.
Our commitment to you on service:
- Our staff will be helpful and polite.
- We aim to serve you quickly. We will acknowledge you, and if more than 2 people are waiting, back up assistance will be called. In order to help eliminate wait times and during times that are very busy, self-check out stations and a self-booking computer station are available.
- We will help you with your inquiries while you wait in the library for a maximum of 20 minutes. After this time and during busy periods, it may be necessary to respond to your inquiry later either by telephone or by e-mail. Most requests will be handled within 48 hours, but may take up to 5 business days.
- We will answer the telephone politely and clearly within 4 rings. If your hold time will be more than 2 minutes, we will take your contact information and reply to you. Most requests will be handled within 48 hours, but may take up to 5 business days.
- We will reply to e-mails and letters promptly. Most requests will be handled within 48 hours, but may take up to 5 business days.
- We will respond to your telephone inquiry usually within 48 hours, but may take up to 5 business days.
- Our staff will be well trained and efficient and have the appropriate skills to meet your needs.
Our commitment to you on access:
- Our staff will treat all customers fairly and without discrimination.
- We will provide service to people in La Junta and the surrounding region free of charge.
- We will make our services accessible to everyone.
Our commitment to you on the collection:
- The collection will be evaluated regularly.
- On popular items, purchase of additional copies will be made when there are five or more reserves on the item.
- Purchases will be based on standard reviews and requests when appropriate.
- Items will be re-shelved within 72 hours.
- Our equipment will be maintained and in good working order.
- We will provide initial instruction for use of library equipment.
Our commitment to you on InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- ILL will be performed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Patron Initiated ILL will be made available to all patrons at their request.
Our commitment to you on stewardship
- We will be good stewards of all resources, using them to make the library the most efficient and effective it can be.
- We will have regular oversight of funds through the City’s standard financial processes.
If you wish to comment or complain:
We are confident that you will be satisfied with the service we provide. However, if you are not satisfied please let us know.
- You can make a complaint in person, in writing, by telephone, or by e-mail.
- You can complete a comment form which is available at the library. This form is sent to the Director of Library Services, and, if appropriate, to the Library Advisory Board.
- We will take your complaint seriously, investigate it, and respond to you as quickly as possible. If we have made a mistake, we will tell you and put it right as quickly as possible.
Woodruff Memorial Library aims, with your cooperation, to give high-quality service to all Library customers. To help us achieve this:
- Please give our staff the respect that you wish for yourself.
- Please allow our staff to offer service free from verbal or physical abuse, either real or threatened.